Saltair Community Centre has reopened for multi purpose use and quality community programs.
The Saltair Community Society welcomes back it’s patrons with restrictions that align with facility safety plans and guidance from governing bodies.
Please read green highlighted embedded document for full details:
In summary, the following safety measures will be in place at Saltair Community Centre
Physical Distancing: Users must adhere to physical distancing (6 feet or 2 metres) in the facility at all times
Strict Illness Policy – If you have a fever, sore throat, cough, difficulty breathing, or are sneezing you must stay home for 10 days and avoid going out in public as much as possible If you have travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days you are to stay home and self-quarantine.
If you feel you are suffering from any other symptoms such as flu-like symptoms including diarrhea in the last 24 hours you are expected to stay home. If you answer YES to any of the above, STAY HOME. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Hand washing : To reduce the spread of COVID-19, hand washing has been identified as the most effective
method. It is strongly recommended, to increase hand washing for all utilizing the facility. Proper hand washing procedures have been posted throughout the facility and hand washing is
• Upon arrival and before departure of the facility
• Before and after any transitions
• Before and after eating and drinking
• After using the toilet
• Before and after use of equipment
• After sneezing or coughing
Entering and Exiting the Facility
• Patrons are asked to arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to the start of a program and leave immediately following the program, staying no longer than 10 minutes
• Participants attending programs will be provided with a program guideline document prior to the start of the program which outlines entry and exit procedures. Each program is different based on the room your program will be utilizing. Please ensure you fully
understand this document prior to arriving
• Notice will be displayed at the main entrance instructing patrons, delivery personnel not to enter if they are exhibiting flu-like symptoms or symptoms of COVID-19
• Patrons must follow all directional markers through the facility and obey all posted signs
• Hand sanitizer will be provided in the hallway and Gym for people to use when entering and exiting the facility; however, handwashing is the preferred method upon entry and exit.
Main Entrance doors
At this time, no programs or outside user groups will be using the Main Entrance.
Use of the front entrance will be limited to Licensed Childcare to maintain the integrity of cleanliness and reduce possible exposure to attendees.
Entrance Meeting Rooms 16,17,18,19
• Patrons will enter through the back Community Centre doors marked enter
• Follow guidelines identified in this document including directional signage and physical
• Patrons are to park vehicles in the back parking lot.
Upon Building Entry
• Proceed to hand sanitizer stations prior to participating in program use
proceed directly to room where your program is scheduled for
• Please do not use hallway area for social gatherings.
• Following your program proceed to handwashing in meeting room.
• Exit facility through rear exit door. do not use main entry doors)
• Please leave within 10 minutes, following your program/booking
Enter street side gym doors at the front right side of building leading directly into the gym. Do not enter the main middle doors into the Centre.
Street Parking on South Oyster School road.
The SCS recognizes the importance of WorkSafeBC and its safety protocols put in place to protect the Centre.
It is important to note that all users do have the right to refuse to enter the Community Centre if they feel uncomfortable or unsafe.
The SCS recognizes the importance to incorporate strategies for reducing transmission risks of COVID-19 to safeguard everyone and thanks the community for supporting these safety measures.
Posted on behalf of Saltair Community Society Directors